View Single Post
Old 08-03-17, 10:38 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11037 Post(s)
Liked 7,588 Times in 4,230 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
Per RocThrower is it post-mount front and back, my eyes were confused on the official PR photo....But it is an odd choice for a brand new frameset, since the disc brake universe is settling on flat-mount calipers going forward. Finding post-mount legacy equipment to work with newer groups will be a thing. Mixing caliper types would have been oddly infuriating with calipers sold in sets.

"AllCity" and "Whiskey" are both corporate pseudonyms for QBP...they have the industry connections and resources to get whatever they want made. They chose not to do flat-mount. For their build-kit choice, SRAM now makes Rival with flat-mount calipers-so they weren't limited by SRAM.
Thanks.

I know both are brands of QBP and it makes sense that they went with a sister brand for the fork. Wonder if Whiskey makes the same fork for flatmount brakes or if they had to go with postmount since Whiskey doesnt make the fork in flat.

With flatmount apparently being the way moving forward, i wonder why they went with post(assuming Whiskey has a flatmount fork available). This sort of thing is usually due to meeting a price point- is building a flatmount frame more expensive than post? If cost wasnt the issue, then what?

You didnt mention performance being an issue with postmount- so if they perform the same(post and flat), then is it really just aesthetics?

Really interesting time- sorta like whats been going on with all the bottom bracket options for the last handful of years- no clear winner yet and the market has changed a ton with different standards.