Old 08-03-17, 03:08 PM
johngwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Well, I made up my mind, or at least had it made for me by seeing a very good offer.

I've ordered a 2017 Roubaix Expert UDi2 which had a whopping AU$2100 discounted from its list price. This was $100 cheaper than an already discounted mechanical-Ultegra Expert, and only slightly more than the 2017 Comp, which is also hard to find with any discounts (or relatively small ones).

I really hadn't thought that Ultegra Di2 bikes were going to be in my price range, so I jumped on this after only a brief pause to consider the wisdom of getting such a nice bike. The underwhelming spec of the 2017 Elite, the lack of discounts on the Comp and the marginal improvement between Comp & Elite (even discounted by AU$600) left me feeling like none of them were a particularly good deal.

If I hadn't found this bike, I would probably have waited for the 2018 Elite or Comp.

I'll need to thin the herd with my other bikes to justify this (and help pay for it!), but I'm looking forward to it - might even arrive today!

Last edited by johngwheeler; 08-03-17 at 06:55 PM.