Old 08-06-17, 11:51 AM
globecanvas
Ninny

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
We just bought a Chevy Bolt fully electric vehicle. We already had 100A service to an outbuilding at the end of the driveway so I figured it would be straightforward to install a level 2 charger there. So I bought a charger on Amazon.

But the subpanel didn't have space for the new circuit. So I spent Thursday installing a new subpanel. But the charger didn't have enough cable length to reach where we park the vehicle. So I spent Friday and Saturday digging a 40' trench and laying conduit. But I wasn't able to run a pull wire through the conduit. So I bought a reel of fish tape this morning, pulled the wire, and installed the charger. Yay it works. I just filled the trench. I am 100% completely physically destroyed.

It's been 25 years since I worked in the trades and probably 15 years since I did any job of this size. I needed reading glasses to do anything with any tool smaller than a shovel, and I've completely lost the habit of keeping the work space organized. I probably burned 3 hours over the course of the job just looking for stuff that I had in my hand just a few minutes earlier.

But it's done!

Last edited by globecanvas; 08-06-17 at 11:54 AM.