Old 08-07-17, 05:10 PM
wktmeow

Bikes: CAAD 10

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 111 Posts
Oh hey, is it time for season recaps?

Off season mode is officially engaged. 4 wins this year, two of which were in decent sized fields, two from tiny fields where our team was a majority. 19/30 points towards cat 2. Learned more about breakaway/attack timing, but didn't contest too many field sprints despite the numbers suggesting I should be decent at them. Got to do a few stage races/omniums, which were fun but sadly did not yield the easy points I'd hoped for. Learned a lot about teamwork this year, as I was able to race with a good group that's all on a similar footing in terms of fitness. Work still needs to be done on fitness (of course), and bike handling in larger fields/technical courses. There were definitely a couple of times where timid cornering cost me a better placing.

Next season's goals revolve around getting stronger and beating this really strong pro triathlete that has been going OTF in just about every crit. Or, umm, getting my upgrade points, helping out any teammates that are trying to upgrade, and then playing bike racing on an increased difficulty level and probably getting my butt kicked a lot for the foreseeable future.