View Single Post
Old 08-08-17, 02:36 PM
downeaster59

Bikes: Cannondale Quick CX 4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Are the bike paths you will ride on paved? Do you plan to ride in areas that may be less smooth - rough pavement or gravel? Then, you could also consider the Cannondale Quick CX. I have the CX 4. The main difference between the CX and the plain Quick is that the CX has the front suspension to help smooth out bumps. It can also be locked out when on smooth pavement. I think it's a very good compromise if you want a bike that is good on pavement and also good on gravel or crushed stone paths. The only thing I didn't really like about the CX 4 is the saddle. I needed a wider one. Everything else - the gearing, the disc brakes, the relatively wide tires, the frame - is very good.

You may be getting way too many options now! We all have our favorites, of course. My last bike was a Trek 7300, which was very good. Decide which features are most important to you, try several bikes that have those features, and then pick the one that feels best to you. There are many very good choices out there.