View Single Post
Old 12-29-05, 03:40 PM
tokolosh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jyossarian
My perfect commute would be about 5 flat miles along the beach from my beach front house in Hawaii to the beach front surf shop I share with the bikini modelling school. Since you're in Canada, I'm not sure how this helps.
what a strange picture you poor, fact-deprived murkins have of canada. you could probably do that somewhere around here, if you cared to. but you'd be complaining pretty fast about grit in drivetrain/sunblock in eyes/smell of seaweed/salt damage to bike/monotonous scenery.

thanks for all the replies. they've been very helpful, giving me things to mark with a check or a cross on my own priority list. i think i've narrowed down the two really unpleasant things about my current ride, namely 'it bears no relation to my real life' and 'it's all downhill in the mornings, and all uphill on the way home'. i think it's having to start a second shift every day just to keep milk in the house that's the real soul-killer. good thing, since nobody's going to do anything about all the hills.