gfk_velo

Bikes: Too many!

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by jhiles
Dear gurus,

I've broken the bottom connecting pin on the front clamp-on derailleur of my 2011 11-speed SR groupset and assume I need to replace the whole derailleur, but I don't think I can just go out and buy a current model SR front derailleur and expect it to work with the (2011) shifters. Does anyone know what models/years I can buy that will work?

Muchas gracias, Julian H
Pre 2015 FD Chorus, Record or Super Record will be fine.

They are available in Braze On format only from the factory on a spare parts code rather than a current range code so depending on where you are, you may need to contact an IBD and ask them to order from your market's wholesalers - as most of the box-movers don't list them as an available item (most of them don't seem to know what spare parts are or have any interest at all in selling them ...)

The code will be
Chorus: FD-11CH2BSP
Record: FD-11RE2BSP
Super Record: FD-11SR2BSP

(Front Derailleur - 2011 range, Model range, double, braze-on, Spare Part)

You will need a clamp to convert Braze-on to band on. The genuine Campagnolo clamp positions the FD correctly with respect to the tube fore-aft and offset from tube centre line (other clamps usually allow you to play with this positioning but unless you know where the position *should be* and can measure it from the dims given in Campagnolo's Technical Manual, shifting quality can be very variable). The clamps come in 32 mm nominal or 35 mm nominal, black alloy:

DC6-RE2B
DC12-RE5B

There is also DC6-RE2S, the same clamp in silver.

Also available (just for information) and on the same basis, the pre 2015 ErgoPower levers and the pre 2015 mechanical rear derailleurs.

Last edited by gfk_velo; 08-11-17 at 02:24 AM.