View Single Post
Old 08-11-17, 05:10 PM
Ridefreemc

Bikes: 2017 Kona TI, 2016 Bike Friday Haul-A-Day, 2015 Bike Friday New World Tourist (for sale), 2011 Mezzo D9, 2004 Marin Mount Vision Pro - for now :)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DropBarFan
I agree; one sees so many bikers/runners etc wearing hi-viz clothing, makes sense to have hi-viz panniers but many models not available in safety green or orange.

In re waterproof panniers it's a nice feature but OTOH using a plastic bag liner isn't very difficult.
I was watching a video of a couple of touring riders. Recording was from behind and they had black panniers. You could not see pedaling motion, so nothing but black shape moving up a hill, on a curve, on what looked like a high speed roadway. Funny that some panniers have bright colors on the sides, but black front and back.

I usually put things in their own waterproof bags (those things that I want to stay dry like my sleeping bag). With fully waterproof panniers or like my waterproof backpack, the first morning when you stuff in your dew-wet or rain-wet stuff everything in there gets wet and the bag stays wet for days.