Old 08-12-17, 06:16 AM
Sangetsu

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
It's a good thing you aren't reading GQ. How much do you think it costs to be a well-outfitted businessman?

My last job was coaching executives in the financial industry, and I had to dress the part. At my last meeting (which as memorable, because I left my job the next day) I wore a new bespoke suit (Zegna Super 120's wool), which cost about $2000, a Borrelli dress shirt, $400, Brioni tie, $250, Hermes pocket square, $200, bespoke shoes by John Lobb, $2000, Prada belt, $300. Add a good watch and cufflinks, which cost as much as all the above clothes put together. $200 for a hair cut, and $80 for a manicure.

Now I work from home, and can dress how I like. Gap cargo shorts, $15, a Uniqlo t-shirt, $8, and a pair of Reef sandals, $35. To be "seriously outfitted" in e-commerce, I would add a $40 pair of jeans, and a $80 pair of New Balance shoes. I cut my hair when it gets long enough to make my face itchy, the QB house nearby charges only $10, and cut my nails when they get long enough to interfere with my guitar playing.

The money I save on clothes and hygiene can now be spent on guitars and bike parts.