View Single Post
Old 08-13-17, 03:39 PM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Thanks once again! Pulled the rear cable, it was caked in a white powdery substance. Pulled a new cable, coated it liberally in silicon spray, and... it was literally 2cm too short I cut it right at the MTB end, 1.7M not long enough. Grabbed another that was a metre longer, and it fixed the problem! Since I already cut the MTB end off the other one, I just put it on the front. Both work awesome now, and are close enough in pressure required to make me happy!

Just wish I had argued the REI manager a bit more, she said the only way she could mark it down more was if there was something wrong with it!

Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Reynolds? As in its marked somwwhere on the tubing?
...i had just figured it was unbranded asian tubing. Interesting.
Yep. Hard to see, because it is the same "stealth" branding as the manufacturer/model labels, but it is right on the seat tube where you'd expect to find it! From what I understand, just double butted, nothing extremely fancy.

Found my metric tape measure, it turns out it is an 85mm stem, looking for something in the 110mm range. I know handlebars obstructing view of the front hub is just a guideline, but it works for me, this bike is a good ways behind that!

Last edited by jefnvk; 08-13-17 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Horrible spelling :(