View Single Post
Old 08-14-17, 02:59 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18423 Post(s)
Liked 4,540 Times in 3,372 Posts
Originally Posted by osric
I also went to their web site to see what the customer experience was like and - HOLY COW! - it's a nightmare. You'd need to be a bike mechanic to figure it out. And when I finally faked my way through, picking options I had no understanding of, I had a bike that cost over $2,500. It's no wonder they're in financial straits, IMHO.
I suppose I've gone through their website enough that it seems pretty straight-forward. But, it helps to have some idea of what one is looking for.

I've also ordered Dell computers online, specifying processor, memory, HDD, etc.

Part of what Bike Friday does is make everything "custom", so one can specify each part individually. However, one needs to have an idea of what the final bike will look like.

Maybe what they need is to start with a few stock models... then allow a customer to choose "stock", "custom", or "customize a stock choice". But, for me, I'd prefer just starting with full custom options.

I hate websites that force people to watch movies when they just want the facts. And this website seems pretty straight-forward.

Perhaps it would be worth it to collect some ideas to submit to them.