View Single Post
Old 12-29-05, 10:18 PM
markf

Bikes: '93 Bridgestone MB-3, '88 Marinoni road bike, '00 Marinoni Piuma, '01 Riv A/R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jacoby
I am 4'2" and own a bike that is a bit too large for me. The problem is I keep hitting my balls on the bar when stopping since my feet can barely touch the ground. The bike was a gift to me and there is no way I can afford a smaller bike. I am unemployed at the moment.

What cups do you recommend for cycling? I need something that won't chafe and is very strong.
Sitting in the saddle of my road bike I can barely stretch my toe out far enough to touch the ground, so I've learned to tilt the frame to one side as I stop. Not that hard to do, and a lot cheaper and more comfortable than a cup or anything else under my cycling shorts. I think I would feel the same pain you're feeling if I kept the frame upright and slid forward off the saddle too quickly when I stopped.

I rather doubt that the frame is too big, I've ridden up to 140 miles at a time on this bike and other bikes that fit the same way, and never felt any pain or discomfort, other than fatigue.