View Single Post
Old 08-16-17, 01:37 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7662 Post(s)
Liked 3,513 Times in 1,851 Posts
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
Bike longevity and the "last bike" notion are just BS IMO. Buy the bike you like the best.
Originally Posted by bikebreak
“Last Bike.” You're only 55! I hope you live to get 10 more "last bikes"
I have never ridden Ti .... and I also have said many times, the design, not the frame material, makes the ride.

Everyone I have ever listened to said Ti is a lot like steel but more forgiving, gentler, a little more flexible (within design limits.) Everyone I have ever heard whom I trust called it the most comfortable ....

Lynskey is a well-known brand with a long history of building solid bikes and standing behind them. I don't think you could go wrong buying one of their bikes if you bought the right one for you.

If I had the money I'd buy a Ti bike ... and couple others ... but then ...I am only a Little older than you, not as old as that geezer Rpenmanparker.

I can see getting a "last bike." I am at a point now where I won't buy any more bikes because I have as many as I can ride. After I retire (should that ever happen, given the economy and the government) and I can ride more, I might get a dedicated gravel bike, dedicated touring bike, and a Ti road bike ... or whatever. But “Last Bike”?

Yeah, you can tell yourself that ....I usually only try to tell that whopper to my wife.