Old 08-18-17, 09:53 AM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by HawkOwl
Buying stock in a small company is very much a vote of faith in that company. Much different than the Las Vegas style operation with big company traded stock. So, is Bike Friday a company that qualifies as reliable with good management?

I'm not sure. I wanted to buy a bike. I talked to their sales person on Tuesday. I was told I'd have a specification sheet proposal on Wednesday. I promised a response on Thursday. We had agreed on a budget so any discussion would be build details.

As of this moment haven't heard from Bike Friday. Admittedly he didn't say which Wednesday. So I may still get something, some day. But this sure raises significant questions about whether they are a good investment.
Any company can have an employee who overlooks something, or gets sick and calls out of work, etc. Give them a call and find out why they didn't respond to you. I sent my bike up there with a friend for an overhaul. She was driving and couldn't be sure she would arrive during business hours so they gave us an employee's cell # and that person was willing to come down and open up after hours to accept the bike - I consider that excellent service.

Call them and find out what the say about not getting back to you - how a company handles their "mistakes" tells you a lot about their management and culture.