View Single Post
Old 12-30-05, 07:23 AM
slagjumper

Bikes: Salsa Las Cruces, Burley R&R and a boat load of others.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I like my commute, because I can make small changes and go on or off road. It is a tad long at 10 miles to 14 miles, depending on route. I am getting so good at this commute that I might have to soon look for employment farther out.

I go through my share of industrial wastelands, but also over and along rivers, past the Monongahela Incline and city scapes. One route takes me about 1.5 miles through the early 20th century Schenley Park . Also go past Homewood Cemetery and through, (on a city park road), a golf course . I've nearly got pinged by golfballs twice in the past 15 years. I always tell of the golfer when this happens, what ever happend to yelling "FOUR!"? I think that it is important to find alternate routes that lead you off the roads. Best part of my commute is in the summer when I jump into the Buccus foutain and do a few circles. That's why I commute in sandals. Worst part of my commute is the West End Circle. It is a 4 lane, 4 light traffic circle that you must enter and exit on 45 mph+ roads.

Last edited by slagjumper; 12-30-05 at 08:02 AM.