Old 08-21-17, 06:04 AM
dvdslw

Bikes: Santa Cruz Stigmata

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Campag4life
Wise man to follow my advice and get the R8000 crank. Bang for buck Shimano cranks throughout the product line have no peer in my experience.

Tens of thousands that run Wheels Mfg BB30 adapters to mount Shimano cranks...but many opt for a Praxis sleeve with good success as well. Some believe the sleeve is a bit more reliable because still advisable to Loctite BB30 bearings to the bike if running Whl Mfg spacers to mount your Ultegra crank.

Good choice and be sure to come back and give us a review as the R8000 crank is relatively new.
With Shimano crank, now what you need is a Stages powermeter which is perhaps the single best piece of kit to make you a better rider.
Thanks man, I believe I made the right choice. As far as the adapters go, I've got the dreaded BB30 creak figured out, the bike has been noise free for a few years now using the green loctite trick along with some wheels mfg angular contact bearings so I'm confident the Shimano crank will be the same. I would love to get a powermeter and maybe if I'm lucky (and nice) Santa will be generous this year.