Old 08-21-17, 07:20 AM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnJ80
I had looked at the Overtake helmet but this review put me off. I know it's an oldish review, but their claim is that the material used makes it difficult for cooling ...
I'd take that review with a grain of salt. The helmet is presented as an aero helmet, and direct airflow through vents is traditionally non-aero. The helmet purports to be aero and yet still provide cooling airflow without the turbulence of vents - that's the main point, which complaining about vents misses entirely.

Secondly the helmet does provide cooling airflow (or purports to) from the Venturi effect of flowing air causing a low pressure region which pulls air up through the little tubes, regardless of their orientation. It won't be a cool breeze but it will be moving air which does provide cooling.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to take my opinion with a grain of salt either, since I'm not inclined to spend $300 for any bicycle helmet. But the MIPS version of the Overtake would be on my list if I did feel like doing that.