elocs
Señor Member

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by no motor?
This really belongs in the thread about unusual things you saw on your ride. Last night I was riding home around 9:30 when I saw a fawn off to the side of the bike path. The path is under high voltage power lines on one side, and single family suburban homes on the other and I've never seen an animal that big in that area before. I'm not sure where mom was, but Bambi was freaked out by me and my lights.
In my city we have a large marsh right in the center of town that has all kinds of wildlife with MUPs mostly on old railroad lines running through it. I used to ride across a short section of it on my way to work in the mornings and one time up ahead I could see a whitetail doe and 2 fawns on the trail that went back into the marsh and disappeared by the time I got there. I saw them a few more times in the same area after that.
Once early in the evening when I was riding on the same stretch of trail I could see in the distance an animal on the road that was yellow and I remember saying to myself, "please don't let it be a dog" and it also was a deer that ran into the marsh.