Thread: Eclipse
View Single Post
Old 08-24-17, 11:07 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7359 Post(s)
Liked 2,495 Times in 1,448 Posts
We got caught up in Eclipse Mania and enjoyed it quite a bit. We traveled to Independence, Missouri (near Kansas City) to stay with an old friend of my wife's. We stayed for four nights. On Sunday, we got to take a ride in the countryside. I've barely spent any time in the US Heartland, so that was nice for me. Our hosts had a tandem which my wife and I rode. They rode their single bikes. The tandem was very difficult for me to handle compared with my tandem.

Monday, the event was suspenseful because the weather forecast had a good chance of rain and thundershowers. We had a long and intense thundershower, and it cleared up right when the eclipse began.

My wife prepared a great playlist on Spotify with songs for the occasion.

The high point was when the sky got dark, the temperature dropped, and nearby coyotes howled!

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.