Old 08-24-17, 10:20 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5803 Post(s)
Liked 2,620 Times in 1,455 Posts
The benefits of this new link are different from your perspective than mine. You're close to the GW bridge, and think of he east side of the river as being NYC and the dense lower burbs, ie. Yonkers.

But for folks like me, it means no 10+ mile detour through NYC to cross the river, plus the few miles to get out of the dense area.

It works the other way, folks in Northern NJ, or Rockland and Westchester could now do a beautiful Bear Mountain loop crossing the Tappan Zee and Bear Mountain bridges.

Or you can start in Northern NJ, cross at Tarrytown, than a short zig and zag and pick up the North County Trailway, or explore the dozens of loops around the reservoirs.

For just about anyone north of the GW Bridge this new link is a Zee change in cycling opportunities.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.