Thread: Moving to NYC
View Single Post
Old 08-27-17, 07:55 AM
hugo7
hugo7

Bikes: Carlton Continental, holdsworth track frame, unknow tandem frame, giant CRS 2.0, old Dawes 5 speed frame (beater to be)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Moving to NYC

Hi all,

Long time lurker and inactive member as I mainly use a UK forums and bikeforums.net seemed to be mainly stateside. Got a lot of useful info from here when I first started building my own bikes.

As I'm moving state-side I thought it would be a good idea to get active on here.

I'm a recreational cyclist and hobby tinkerer. Predominately ride road and commute. My stable has been cut down over the years but currently includes;
* Giant TCR (6800)
* Condor Pista
* 531 English track frame built as a city beater
* early '90s Dawes CX of unknown providence (WIP)
* Custom Talbot randonneur (WIP) ...an incredible bike I've just not quite managed to finish and won't be coming with me ;(

Sadly I won't have indoor space for a bike so the only one coming is the Dawes CX beater. The logic being it is looks ropey as, but is the most versatile. Rough plan is for a parts-bin-build with a solid touring wheelset with 32mm tyres for general use, then in time pick up cheepish lighter set of wide rimmed road wheels + nice 25-28mm tyres for leisure / amateur club rides.

Once I get out I'll start getting more active on the NE board, but thought I'd say a quick hello now.

Cheers!