Old 08-27-17, 05:58 PM
Hisamatsu

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by berlinonaut
Talking about the rear rack: One can leave out the trailer part, at least when not touring but only travelling. Looks a bit strange but works pretty well.

The case is a polaris folding bike pod (initially announced as brompton b-pod). It is a bit smaller and a lot lighter than the clapton case and the brompton is a tough fit - not much room for anything else. It does not fit with the combination of rack and extended seatpost, therefor I am using the telescopic post and remove the upper part when putting the bike into the case. The quality of the case is very mediocre and it is usually heavily overpriced for the quality when not on offer. But it is an airline-legal hard-case (well, semi-hard) for the Brompton and works w/o trailer.

Despite the strange looks no problems at all when riding, case sits very stable on the carrier and luggage can be carried inside the case when it is mounted to the bike. I would probably not go on a multi-day camping-bike-tour with this setup, though there is no real objective reason why not. Just the looks. ;-) However, for a transport ride, i.e. from the airport to the destination I see absolutely no issues.
Does your heels hit the case while pedaling?