Recovering Retro-grouch

Bikes: Too Many - 7 or 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by doco
about 2 weeks ago i saw a crazy homeless guy
That's some wild life for sure. When Interbike used to be in Philadelphia, we would take bikes with us so we could ride around Philly when not trapsing up and down the hall talking bike stuff. On one excursion in South Philly, an overwrought citizen came bounding out of a small grocer with the craziest looking human I have ever seen on his heels brandishing a very big knife. In the space of like 2 seconds this wildman changed direction and crossed the street in our direction. Another homeless guy looked at us and said something like, " Don't worry, that's Charlie. He does this every couple of weeks." My friend decided to not trust the homeless dude and he pedaled off. But I stood my ground. Call it curiosity or stupidity. Whatever. Charlie came barreling by and the other homeless dude calmly knocked him down and took away his weapon. They both got up and walked away. The street became quiet again. And I am sure I had the look of total amazement on my face. Everyone around just continued their business like nothing had happened.

My Blog - Lost in the Bo Zone