Old 08-29-17, 11:34 AM
jsigone
got the climbing bug

Bikes: one for everything

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked 915 Times in 277 Posts
Loving it so far. It's darn compliant for being an "aero" bike. I tested the Venge Ultegra and Cervelo S3 ultegra and the bike @Erwin8r got, Evo disc model. I didn't want to test the better carbon Swork venge to compare, but wasn't too fond of the ride on the lower end Venge and din't want to pay double the money anyways. The Cervelo was a darn stiff bike, not sure if I can handle centuries on that rig setup the way I liked. Trek super store didn't have rim brake models of the Cdale Evo in stock of my size (56) so rode the disc around and it was nice and snappy when putting power down.

The pinarello is snappy in sprints and has aerooooness until the wind hit my gut I find myself at higher crusing speeds, but those cross winds are more challenge even being at 200#s
Bike seems faster or maybe I'm just trying to ride it faster. I like the curves of the frame and fork over traditional frames I've had. Fit wise is pretty darn good, this bike sits taller then the felt F4. Taller head tube, shallower BB drop. and slightly longer top tube.

I'm going to see how the angles feel on a century I have planned this thursday. I've done about 70 miles for the longest ride and no major issues. I'm used to Shinamo shifting now. Still getting used to the 36t though. Dialing in the hood angles is where I'm at. I was having numb hands last week with padded gloves and no numbs running naked hands.

Change? The Felt has about 10k hard miles under me, and what ever the previous owner did + they nicked the clear coat a couple times. The Felt F4 survived 2 BWRs, training for 3. It's time to retire it and move onto something while I have funding to do so. I'll be enjoy the Pinarello for a while.
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.