Old 08-30-17, 12:37 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7666 Post(s)
Liked 3,534 Times in 1,858 Posts
Well, yeah ... the GC race is not that tight in reality even though it is kind of close on paper. So I watch for other things. Nibali really disappointed me today ... but his descending has been suffering for a couple seasons, I think. Nico Roche's descent would have made up for it ... had the camera crews noticed that the number three rider was making a run. Hello!! Anyone awake in the booth?

Great watching the break break up and reform and I love watching the climbing--though this time I was just back from as ride and my legs felt terrible so I wasn't enjoying it like normal---when I saw the riders working hard, my legs seemed to hurt more.

There will still be plenty of good racing in this year's Vuelta. I don't see all the other teams cooperating to burn out Sky---they could, but they won't. Therefore, Froome will lawyas be that little bit fresher on the final climb of each stage, and will keep the jersey.

But hey ... he has also done his own riding and showed his strength. Not his fault if he just happens to be a phenomenal rider right now, while Contador and Nibali are a little past prime and Barguil and Aru etc aren't quite ready yet.

Not Sky's fault that the other teams don't trust one another enough to cooperate against Sky. Not Sky's fault that its riders seem to be willing to go all-out for nothing .... no recognition, no fame, no bigger role in the team. Sky's domestiques must enjoy the fat paychecks and the winning name. How many teams have such committed domestiques?