View Single Post
Old 08-30-17, 08:46 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1601 Post(s)
Liked 2,187 Times in 1,092 Posts
@jimmuller - I agree with your statement about differences, but they are noticeable for me after several thousand miles and getting in better shape. I can pay more attention to the little things when the pain is gone .

For a very long time I didn't know about fit of any kind, just set things up to be comfortable. One day someone mentioned the handlebar/axle thing and checked. Sure enough that is where my bars were.

Changing quill stems is a bit of PIA. Just looking for some validation that my instincts are going in the general direction of others experience.

I opted to ride the Pinarello today. Felt a bit stretched so will likely swap the stem soon. The other change will be trying out the 8 spd Ergo's on the DA driveline. Reports are mixed on success. Nothing like doing it.