View Single Post
Old 08-30-17, 12:23 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18426 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by 1nterceptor
Thank you, @indyfabz ! This is exactly the kind of useful info I was hoping for.
No problem. I live in Philly. One favorite mini-tour of mine to rent a car one way to Port Jervis, NY and then ride home over three days, passing through the park on the Jersey side. Last year I did a week long tour from Brattleboro, VT to Philly that incorporated that route.

If you every get the chance, the campground on Old Mine Rd. in Worthington State Forest is really nice. Sites 11 and 12 are particularly nice as they have private river access and are close to the bathrooms, showers and camp sink. You can also rent canoes and kayaks there for pretty cheap. Nice hiking there, too. It's usually very crowded on the weekends, especially during foliage season, so reservations are recommended. I stayed there two nights during my trip from Brattleboro to avoid having to ride into Philly on a weekday.

Another thing: If you ride south from the craft village you can sort of make a teardrop loop. Check back a little later. I will post a map.

Last edited by indyfabz; 08-30-17 at 12:26 PM.