3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26425 Post(s)
Liked 10,381 Times in 7,209 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart

What I do wonder about is why the OP went to another shop for the warranty work, instead of where they bought the bike from. there are many reasons why that are completely valid and reasonable. Like having moved, the selling shop has closed down, that shop no longer handles the brand. But other reasons might bring up questions like "why buy from a shop that you don't want to support you there's an un common need"? And warranty claims are not the norm. Andy.

...this. ^^^^ And with regard to automotive warranty work, I recently had a regenerative braking issue (which is tricky, because it ties into the system computer) on a Nissan LEAF. First thing that ever broke in five years.

I had purchased a bumper to bumper warranty, and because the dealer simply used a manufactures service bulletin that recommended reprogramming it (which fixed it), they charged me in full for the labor...no parts required.

I was miffed, and contacted Nissan USA for an explanation. They told me the dealer decides what they will and won't cover under warranty, and I had a dealer who was a weasel. They were so embarrassed they sent me a check to cover the cost.

I guess you could try that with Specialized, but i don't think they embarrass very easily.