Old 08-31-17, 08:35 AM
cooker
Prefers Cicero

Bikes: 1984 Trek 520; 2007 Bike Friday NWT; misc others

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3945 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 92 Posts
So I'm doing it again. I got a 1 km drive from my wife to the subway, then took that and a streetcar to the downtown airport for my flight to a distant consulting site. By flying up, we save some clients having to travel down, so supposedly there is a benefit there. I stayed at the hotel closest to the job (1.75-2 km depending on which route you take) and walked both ways for 3 days of work. The fourth day (today) I took a cab to work as I had my suitcase, and will take an airport limo to the airport, but I expect to take the streetcar and subway home at the end and will walk the last km.

Last night I was invited out to dinner so I took a cab to the restaurant and got a ride back to the hotel from another diner who was going that way.

So that's 3 days out of 4 of walking to and from work, and public transit (mostly) between the Toronto Island airport and home. At the remote end I have to take a limo (shared) to and from the airport as there is no public transit.

A colleague happens to be here on an overlapping trip, and she also walks to and from work from the same hotel.