Cyclaholic
CRIKEY!!!!!!!

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1590 Post(s)
Liked 689 Times in 366 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
How 'bout police pulling over cyclists for being in neighborhoods where they just don't look like they belong IAW a paranoid neighbor or or prejudiced law official? Sound OK to you too? Maybe if an early morning cyclist just passing by called in about the "usual suspect" it would be just fine by you.

You're comparing someone sitting in their vehichle at the same time each morning at an odd hour with no apparent motive with a cyclist actually cycling through a neighborhood on his/her way to somewhere (as I often do), your comparison is flawed. If the cyclist was sitting in the same spot at an odd hour every day somewhere where he didn't belong with no apparent motive then yes it would be fine by me to call the cops.

A similar situation happened where I used to live when I was in my late teens, some of the locals noticed the guy in the car that was not from the neighborhood but it was a different time then and nobody rang the cops. The end result was that he snatched my neighbor's 12 year old daughter and ***** her. Neither the daughter, her family, or the neighborhood was ever the same again. her name is Melissa, maybe we should ask her if the cops should be called sice she is one who really understands the consequences of that decision better than any of us. What do you think she would say?