View Single Post
Old 09-02-17, 07:58 PM
Karmajack

Bikes: 2017 Trek DS3, 2021 Felt Broam 30

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Indeed there is. It's a fun curve to go down. It circles around and under itself. Speeds of easily 20mph+ on a non pedestrian day. It's pretty much at a trail head which is also located at some scenic/touristy waterfalls, so some caution is still to be taken. First time I took it though, there were ill informed walkers on the wrong side on a blind curve which caused me some some re calibrating in navigation at a fast immediate pace. A few other times I've taken it with less population (usually on a poor weather day), and it's really a fun twist with further downhills ahead. Coming back is not as fun.

BTW, I noticed the Trek site has the 2018 DS's up. I honestly can't tell if there's any changes. I now regret not taking full detailed note of what my 2017 came equipped with to compare.

Edit* I found the spec's on the 2017 DS 3, and I don't notice any changes whatsoever. Though, there may be changes to other versions of the DS.
A couple other things to note. My local Trek dealers aren't showing inventory of the 2018's yet. When I purchased my 2017 two weeks ago it was stickered at $879 in store, but $749 online (they honored the online price). The 2018 DS3's are listed on the Trek site for $749.
Going by that, I might assume the 2017's (DS 3) to be dropping in price, perhaps sub $700, as the 2018's hit the LBS's showroom anytime soon. Might be a good time coming soon to pick up a good 2017 since no downgrades seem to have happened.
For what it's worth, I'm glad I got mine when I did. Discounted or not, I needed that bike in my life when I got it. And it was worth it.

Last edited by Karmajack; 09-02-17 at 08:19 PM.