I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,545 Times in 1,051 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyclaholic
You're comparing someone sitting in their vehichle at the same time each morning at an odd hour with no apparent motive with a cyclist actually cycling through a neighborhood on his/her way to somewhere (as I often do), your comparison is flawed. If the cyclist was sitting in the same spot at an odd hour every day somewhere where he didn't belong with no apparent motive then yes it would be fine by me to call the cops.
No apparent motive to sit quietly in a vehicle? What the Heck? And who said a cyclist passing by has any more legitimate motives than the parked motorist. He might even be a terrorist thinking of commiting some dastardly deed. Some of the 911 terrorists were known to get about in the US using bicycles. Sounds like a reason to call the cops at the very sight of a bicyclist in Nervous Nellie's Neighborhood.

I presume Nervous Nelly should call the police to toss someone everytime he/she gets a twitch of do good fever. Who knows, hassle enough people without legitimate cause, and the do-gooders might catch somebody guilty of something. Maybe even that imaginary molester that the OP was dreaming about capturing.