Old 12-31-05, 08:15 AM
Cyclist0383
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tajsss
Ok everyone. So I checked back this morning with the police. They did question the guy and turns out he is just a guy who works there, gets there a bit early, and has to wait for the bosses to show up and let him in.

Am I relieved? Yes.
Do I feel bad for calling in the first place? No.
Was the child molester remark a bit much? Probably.

I was not too worried about my personal safety. I am a little guy but feel I could hold my own if something crazy were to happen with this guy (or anyone else for that matter). But as some others said, no way was I going to knock on the guy's window and ask what's up. I was more afraid for the woman I see running with her dog almost daily down the same street. As well as the elderly couple I see walking down the street to get a paper. I am on a bicycle and feel I'd have a good shot to get away from a situation like this if it really came down to it. These others in the neighborhood I feel do not have the same shot as I. I am not the type to naturally be scared of anything odd I see, but I do try and keep an eye on my surroundings because ultimately, we are just out there riding bikes around. As well my wife rides her bike just a few blocks away on her route to work. And if she saw this guy daily on her commute, I'd expect her to do just the same.

This has been a fun little debate. I hope everyone has enjoyed it. Now let the real complaining begin about what I did as I was wrong about the guy. This should get entertaining.
Thanks for the update.