Thread: Trike Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-08-17, 08:41 AM
bowzette

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I don't think the chipped seal is a significant issue and neither are the potholes-not that many of them on most of the roads. The problem is the unstable soil and the lack of proper maintance by the counties on these roads. There are frequent sections where the right side car tire rides that are broken up or dropped down and poorly repair or not repair at all. Sometimes just one lane and other places in both lanes. These sections run for feet and some cases for yards. I think most of this will be missed by the rear wheel but hit by the right front wheel unless I can move to the center of the two lane, no shoulder road. Theses roads have very little traffic and general a good line of sight so as long as I'm sure no one is behind me I can move to the center. Avoiding the really rough spots on a one track bike is easy. With a three track trike it will be more of a challenge. I really need to find a way to ride these roads with a rigid trike and a suspended one to determine if suspension is that big of a deal. It cost $1000 or more and adds a lot of weight.