View Single Post
Old 09-08-17, 09:54 AM
Randombiker9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
I was wondering. Get a lock with two keys. Leave one key with the lock and wait for someone to lock their bike up with it

Some places do provide secure bike lockers, generally to rent. However a good lock is handy if one ever needs to park elsewhere.

Here, our university is in the middle of town with really good bike access and on-campus housing if one wishes.

The community college is on the other side of a big hill with primarily one, four-lane road getting to it, and no housing. I've done the hill a thousand times, and it isn't bad, but it does look daunting to the uninitiated.

I hope the OP's college has better access.
I think the spare ones around town are padlocked. Although this if from one of my friends that if you forget your lock for your bike you can ask for the key at reception or one of the staff members. (Same thing applies to my brothers university according to him) and it's not as dangerous. Like there's more junctions and roundabouts to go through for my brothers Uni comapred to my route is bassically one mini roundabout (going straight on), shortcut, another shortcut, roundabout (2nd exit) and then one bus lane and that's it.

She now allowed me to ride on some roads just not on busy roads when it's rushour time which is kinda annoying as if I want to ride my bike to college I would have to leave around 8.00am to get to college around 8.40am. As it takes 40 mins to bike to college (compared to two buses which I currently have to get). and if I get there around 8.40am as lessons start at 9am.

Last edited by Randombiker9; 09-08-17 at 10:04 AM.