View Single Post
Old 09-09-17, 09:43 PM
cpstwoart

Bikes: 2016 Giant TCR Advanced SL, 2015 Specialized Langster Pro, 1990's Battaglin, 2015 TCR SLR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Also, as it turns out I am not an "all-rounder." I ended up being more of a sprinter and puncheur. I'm pretty fond of breakaways, too. That being said, I have decided to move on to the Propel life. I'm not going with the 2018 Propel even though it is faster, totally sweet, and it makes me excited from base to tip. It's just too expensive of an investment for me. With the 2017 Propel I can just get the frameset and swap all my parts over. Not only are they not making a 2018 Propel F/S, even if they did it would only come as a disc model, and I would have to buy half of a groupset for that.

I'll update when I swap over to the new frame. It won't be for another month or so, but it will happen soon. I'm also going to be putting this frame up on ebay and getting a TCR SLR (aluminum TCR) and putting the original ultegra groupset from this bike onto it. I saw too many awful crashes in crits this year resulting in broken carbon and I am going to keep the Propel in road races exclusively, and I will use the aluminum TCR in crits where I will be less sad if I ever go down in a crash.