View Single Post
Old 09-11-17, 08:05 AM
ririder

Bikes: Giant Defy Advanced 2, Giant Talon , Specialized Sequoia, Fuji Crosstown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 32 Posts
1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?
I have a 2008 Specialized Sequoia that I use for most of my riding. I also have a Fuji Crosstown (?)that I installed a rack and paniers on that I use for quick runs to the store.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
Not usually. In the winter I'll take vitamin D tablets.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
It seems like I've slowed down since I was last riding seriously. I've been off the bike for about 4 years. I'm still getting back in shape so I'm not passing judgement on myself yet, and if I did slow down, no big deal.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
I rode a bike all through my youth and then when I got my license that all stopped until I was in my thirties. In 2009 I rode in the Pan Mass Challenge to honor my mother who lost her battle pancreatic cancer. Getting ready for that ride opened my eyes again to riding. I took a few years off due to laziness and other life things getting in the way. I'm back on again and hopefully it lasts this time. I feel good when I ride.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides.
I ride for fitness primarily. A few years ago I was riding on average 100 miles a week. Most of that was on local rodes. Fortunately we have pretty generous bike lanes here and I haven't have too many problems. We also have some good mixed use bike paths that I'll ride on from time to time.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
Right now I'm doing anywhere between 7-10 miles, every other day as I try to get back in shape. Ideally I would like to do 10-15 miles 5 or more times a week with the occasional longer (30 miles) thrown in on the weekend.