Old 09-11-17, 08:22 AM
Don Buska

Location: Milwaukee-Chicago (Last stop on the North Shore Metra Line)

Bikes: 1975 Fuji 'The Finest', 1975 Fuji Super Road Racer S10-S,1980 SR 10-Speed, 1980 Fuji Newest, 1984 Araya 14-Speed, 1985 Bridgestone 500, 1986 Fuji 'Sekkei Series', 1995 Gary Fisher Kaitai MTB

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Metacortex
Not sure it was a silly question at all. It made me think further, especially about the later Gran Compe (GC) version that I have without any pin/slot at all. Perhaps due to that Derin wearing off they realized that the pin/slot wasn't really that important, considering all the play that was there once it was worn. So that got me to thinking. Has any one seen a later DC (red sticker) version without the pin/slot? A set used on a 83-84 bike with low original miles perhaps. That will take us even closer to eliminating a distinction between the DC and GC versions, i.e. the purpose of this thread.

My set of NOS GC 610's should be arriving in a couple of days so I'll have another pair to check the pin/slot situation on. Sadly this item is rarely photographed in ads or on bikes to allow seeing that pin. The natural is to do a front and rear photo, as who cares about a top down view.

Keep the observations and questions coming folks. The overall picture is getting clearer everyday.

Last edited by Don Buska; 09-11-17 at 01:49 PM.