View Single Post
Old 09-12-17, 05:15 PM
kcflyer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hancheyb
What kind of range did you have left after a ride like that? I'm looking at this bike to allow me to do a 34 mile round trip commute, but I want to do it as quickly as possible. So Normal or Turbo mode might be required.
Since I posted that, I have played around with different settings. Last weekend I did another ride of about 35 miles, about half in eco mode and half in Normal mode. I had a little over 50% battery remaining. But here's the thing I am discovering - - if you rely TOO much on the assist, the battery will drain rather quickly. So you kind of have to "outrun" the assist. I'd like to find out where the assist cuts back for each mode - I'm guessing it's about 15 mph for Eco, about 20 for Normal and very near 25 for Power mode. In normal mode it's pretty easy to ride over 25 mph without pushing real hard. In power mode, you can pretty easily exceed 30 mph. If you are in the US, it's pretty much a rocket when it is in Normal and Power modes.

I would think that you'd have no problem with a 34 mile round trip...I usually switch between modes - it's really easy to do. The computers estimates range at 93 miles on eco mode, 75 miles on Normal mode and 57 miles on Power mode. I might try a ride with it in Normal mode the whole way and let you know what's left at the end.