View Single Post
Old 09-13-17, 05:28 PM
rachel120

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
ISo I guess the point is we all screw up. In your joust with the car coming out of the other lot..... I'd have probably deferred to the car, unless I'd been able to make eye contact with the driver and felt that they saw me. Even then, I'd probably rather they go first so they don't have to pass me later. So consider whether asserting your right of way is worth the risk. Death isn't always worth being right.
Oh I deferred to him all right, I hit the brakes so hard the back wheel lifted up slightly. That was a situation where it would result in me getting squished. And it happened so suddenly that I am certain of age because I saw him very frighteningly close and very clearly through his windshield.

But as far as chastising......as close as he came to hitting me by not even slowing down, he deserved a good dressing down.

In this case when I say "parking lots" it's a really weird setup where all that's left is interconnecting roads and roads that vanish after just a few feet. The actual parking areas and building foundations are long gone. So imagine a maze of roads that have a tendency to just vanish, but there is one path threading through connecting three businesses in an area of about 1/3 of a mile by 1/3 of a mile before joining the road going in front of a strip mall.