View Single Post
Old 09-15-17, 12:03 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,932 Times in 2,557 Posts
You should also be aware that much of the cycling community considers it "so wrong" to have the QR levers on the right (racers have them to the left so the team mechanic can step out of team car and have immediate access to the levers. (Mechanic sits in the right hand seat. Rider pulls off to the right side of the road.) This is why QRs were invented.

So this "cult" had become so entrenched that by not following this norm, you become an outcast. Now I stick to the lever on the left just as much because I always dismount to the left and stand to the bike's left. So if I flat, that is where I will be when I reach down to remove the wheel. If I dismounted regularly to the right, I might change my habits, perhaps even investigating how to run a right-side rear lever to not interfere with the derailleur. But I am so right handed and so set in my ways, I doubt that will happen in this lifetime.

Ben