Old 09-16-17, 03:42 PM
rm -rf
don't try this at home.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 495 Times in 342 Posts
Originally Posted by dmanthree
My "issue" is long legs for my height: a 34" inseam and I'm 5' 9" tall. The pedal to seat distance is 39". After that, I play with the stem to bring the bars up and a little closer so I'm not reaching and not too flat. Some bikes, notably race-specific bikes simply can't work for me. Endurance frames are usually a better fit, but I don't really need an endurance bike since I ride roads, never gravel or dirt. That said, my current ride is a 2017 Roubaix, which I like, but don't want to spend that much for a "part time" bike. Also, since I won't be climbing I'm not too worried about weight.

If the CAAD fits, I'll likely wear it.
Bikes labeled "Endurance" are for long rides, not rough road rides. They are designed to have less drop to the bars than a race or fast group ride oriented bike. And the steering is designed more for stability than the quick response of a race bike. And they often have room for wider tires (28mm+) than the race bikes.

With your long legs and shorter torso, you might fit a top tube that's a little shorter, and likely a taller headtube. Women's bikes are often designed this way, I think.

Once I find a bike that has a reasonable fit for me, I like to use Stack and Reach measurements to compare it to other bikes. See my comment in another thread.