Thread: Giant Anyroad 2
View Single Post
Old 09-18-17, 10:20 AM
bstaggs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have now put a few hundred miles on my 2016 Anyroad 2 and honestly it does seem to be a good fit for what I was looking for, a good all-around road/gravel bike with drop bars and sufficient gears for my area and skill level. It’s not as smooth as my Specialized Crosstrail, but then again without a front shock it’s also lighter and faster. It not as fast as my Cannondale CAADX 105,unless it’s a very hilly long ride. It certainly has a less aggressive riding position than my CAADX (CX bike) but not as upright as my Crosstrail (fitness bike). For me, the triple chain ring is worth the price of admission. I only use “granny” gear when I am about out of gas on larger climbs but there is a mental aspect that now has me riding further because I know I can grind my way back up the hills near my house even being dead tired. The only negative I would say is that I will most probably change out the factory seat as on 40+ mile rides my backside starts to miss my Crosstrail.

I will probably change out the crankset on my CAADX to a 48/32 and 11-32 cogs because this experience has made a non-racer like me really appreciate having adequate gears for my terrain and skill level. The Anyroad has become my “go to” bike.

--
bstaggs

Last edited by bstaggs; 09-18-17 at 10:23 AM.