Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 67stang
Thanks for the sentiment.
I believe the post is 400mm in length, will check tonite.

Big/strong.... not really. 157-160lbs. race masters 123.
peak power is ~1300
FTP around 275

The Spec. S-Works 2014 sl4 cracked after the bike fell over, it was leaned against a fence on a ride. I picked it up, noticed a scratch on the seatstay and LBS suspected a crack. Sent it to Calfee and they said yes thats a crack, and found two more on opposite seat and chain stay that had no involvement/contact in the fall-over.
I decided to turn that frame in and take advantage of the crash replacement s-works sl5 which I sold to a friend since I had just bought a team bike - BH G6 pro - which, has not cracked

By the way, obviously this is an internet forum and I don't know any of you, what type of cycling you do, and visca versa.
I generally ride with masters competitive guys/gals - I'd have no problem counting off on all fingers guys who have broken at least one carbon frame...be it through a crash or just a freak stress break while riding. So I'm not convinced that my having broken two carbon frames is really that odd for a amateur competitive cyclist.
I personally wasn't suggesting breaking two frames is odd.
By your numbers, you aren't a brute by any stretch...just a good amateur rider. I know big strong guys tend to break frames at a much higher frequency than weak riders and why I asked. Big guys I ride with also tend to break more spokes as a general rule...even with custom wheels from time to time.

Good luck with the replacement.