Old 09-19-17, 09:29 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
I hear you, but I am not confusing my experience with anyone else's at all. I am aware that there have been some reasons for dissatisfaction. In my own case I have had my payment funds held for a few days awaiting shipment and delivery of the merchandise by the seller. I could see those sellers being antsy about that. And I allow that there have been some severe screw ups...just like every other online business. But that doesn't add up them being the Evil Empire. So I'll ask again, lacking a comparable but better operated substitute, who would be better off without PayPal.
Who would be better off? The people that got screwed over by them. Their stories are readily available with a search - feel free.

Originally Posted by rpenmanparker
By the way, on the level of a small business, self-insuring for a small amount of petty operating cash that you leave on deposit with PayPal is not unreasonable. The loss of it would not be catastrophic. And you can't blame PayPal for users' stupidity if they are stupid enough to leave larger sums on deposit. Withdrawing your money is easy and free. There is no reason not to do it except to avoid credit card fees when making payments. The amounts needed for that purpose don't have to be onerous.
Besides freezing funds entirely, holding a rolling 30% of a balance is a regular occurrence - if you think that's insubstantial, you haven't operated as a small business as a primary means of income.

Anywho, that's enough tangential discussion on PP for me.