Old 09-19-17, 10:09 AM
AndrewHenle
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
It hasn't quite been 24 hours but I have seen this. Processed my first reactions. Slept on them. Prayed on them. And now, since it is still fresh... FWIW... very much so... for this video to have legal legs all concerned are going to need to see the moments leading up to the physical confrontation. If they do not exist, the video is almost useless. It may not be everyone's takeaway but mine is: riding FRAP is better than any alternatives that cycling advocates dream up and put into practice in Red States.
What does this have to do with "Red States"?

FWIW, Northern Virginia is about as blue as any non-totally-urban-middle-of-a-city part of the US is.

And look at the video - that road is simply not wide enough to hug the white line and allow a car to pass. There's maybe 18" between the side of the car and the white line, and maybe a whole foot of a "shoulder" beyond the white line. And a BMW 328i isn't exactly a large, wide car. And that's not accounting for the vegetation that grows alongside - and into - the road, further constricting the rideable width. And let's not mention the blind crest just before the intersection...

Let me guess: you never ride on roads like that.