View Single Post
Old 09-21-17, 07:01 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2741 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
have a pair of cowbells, but honestly, I can't comment on what you are wondering--for a few reasons, one-they are on a steel framed bike that has more "give" than my alu framed dropbar bike with specialized alu bars on it, and two-the cowbell bike has minimum 40mm tires on it, up to 50mm, so all in all, its such a different beast that I havent a clue how the cowbells compare in this regard.

my gut feeling is that I dont think they are that diff from my Tricross bars, I say this from the feeling of when I sprint for a light or whatever and haul on the drops--mind you, Im a skinny little not strong guy, so your mileage may vary.

I do however really, really like the slight flareout of the cowbells, as well as the shallow drop. If I were to build up another dropbar bike, I'd get another set in a minute.
I also spent about two months riding the cowbell bike this winter on a long trip, and have continued riding this bike a fair amount, I've ridden close to 6000km on this bike this year and still really like how the bars feel and ride.

pretty certain mine are 42s.

cheers