View Single Post
Old 09-24-17, 11:28 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2741 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
Originally Posted by cyber.snow
I am currently running a Jones Bar on my Salsa Fargo and it was a poor decision, even with the foam grips there is a lot of vibration. I did test ride a Fargo with the cowbell bars and it seemed to be more comfortable. Which version of the cowbell should I go with?
I dunno, sounds like more of a tire pressure thing. Ive only played around on my wifes xs troll with jones bars, and 2.5 extraterrestrials on it at lowish pressures to medium max, so not a lot of experience, but I cant see how your jones are more vibrationy than other bars to be honest.

like I said, if you want to try cowbells, Id suggest trying to visit a store where they have them and the wider ones, the cowchippers and whateve r the other ones are, to be able to hold them in your hand and get a better real life idea of riding position of the varying flareouts.

and in any case, on rough surfaces, I wonder how drops wouild be on long , rough and tough days. , on slow climbs etc, I just havent done enough of this riding to know or compare.

to repeat, to me the 20g lighter cowbells dont really make sense to me.

to go back to what you said about the jones, id really look into pressures that other folks are running on the same tires you have, for a given rider weight and stuff weight, all I can say is that sometimes just a bit less pressure makes a huge diff in rider ride quality re vibrations etc.

in the end, its up to you.