Old 09-29-17, 05:25 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3377 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
I was looking up supplements online, and one of my google searches turned up this site: NSF Certified for Sport : Certified Products

I know the protein I buy from Costco has an NSF logo on it and an ad that states "No Banned Substances."

Are any of you familiar with this program?

I don't know how legit the program is, but as far as I can tell, it seems to be the only organization around that tests and certifies supplements.
I am not.
MRI had a list of stuff they certified was OK for cycling and a list of things that clearly were not. I was impressed they knew. It is like a butcher that makes a point of keeping the pork and chicken at the other end of the shop from beef and fish. You feel while it may not be Kosher, it is more likely a place I'd get steak tar tar from. Still, when I want raw fish - I just go someplace that does raw fish. What I think that is supposed to mean is watch for places that make both clean and banned stuff. Many of the body building brands scare me a bit, as they have to stuff for both in the same place. It would be a significant mistake to mix them, but they still have to warn us about things made in factories with peanuts. So I would look a bit at who makes it and what else they make.

My opinion.
If you are an older Cat 1 or below, do your best and don't worry about it. Save the label, you won't be tested (until things change). If you win a whole bunch, worry about everything. If you are a kid coming up and want options open - worry too.