View Single Post
Old 10-01-17, 08:23 AM
speedevil 
I never finish anyth

Bikes: 2008 Merckx LXM, 2003 Giant XTC mtb, 2001 Lemond Alpe d'Huez, 1997 Lemond Zurich, 1989 Cannondale ST, 1988 Masi Nuovo Strada, 1983 Pinarello Turismo

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 86 Posts
I saw the ad for that Santana, but the captain cockpit is a little large for me. Since I'll need to stand over the bike while my wife gets on and settled, I need to have a lower stand-over height. I may have to go to 650B size wheels to get one that will fit both of us well. I can lace new rims to the existing hubs, which my be the best bet for us and a decent frame. That would lower the stand-over by about an inch, but might need long-reach brakes. But honestly, I am hoping to be able to pick up a tandem cheaply enough that we can put some miles on it and be sure that tandeming is for us before we look for a better bike.

Looking at this frame, it has V-brakes so a smaller diameter rim would require additional changes I think - possibly rebrazing the posts to a lower position.

I ride a 50cm CAAD8 and she rides a 18in Trek hybrid, if that is helpful. Neither of us will be playing NBA basketball anytime soon. Ha.

Last edited by speedevil; 10-01-17 at 08:28 AM.